The software's primary use is to configure or troubleshoot the network settings or install EAP-TLS certificates for a Primex network device.
Minimum system requirements
Before installing the Primex Device Configuration software, verify your computer meets the minimum system requirements.
- Operating system: Windows® 7, 10 (32 and 64-bit). Contact Primex Technical Support for use with Windows 8.
- Microsoft .NET Framework: 4.0 or greater
- Compute: USB port
- Minimum screen resolution: 1024 x 768
Change software and device password
The Primex Device Configuration software and Primex devices are shipped with the factory default password. For security purposes, it's recommended to change the password. This procedure changes the password of the device connected to the software.
- Log in to the Primex Device Configuration software. Go to All Programs > Primex > Primex Device Configuration or from your computer's desktop, double-click on the Primex Device Configuration icon.
Factory default password (case sensitive): Primex1
- Go to Actions > Set Application Password.
- Enter the new password and confirm the new password (password is case sensitive).
- Select OK.
The next step is to download the new password to the connected device. Before completing this step, verify the current network settings are correct.
- Once the network settings are verified, select Write Configuration.
To log in to the software and view the settings of the device (Read Configuration), the use of the new password established during this procedure is required.
If the software password entered is different than the password of the connected device or if Hide Configuration was enabled when the manual configuration file was downloaded from the gateway profile, the software limits you to only configure the device network settings (Write Configuration) and does not allow you to view the network settings (Read Configuration).